High and low pressure conduit
Cobán, Alta Verapaz, Guatemala
Located in the Alta Verapaz area of Guatemala, the SAMUC hydropower plant project has two lines that go to the same powerhouse: the SAMUC I line at ND 400 and the SAMUC II line at ND 600. Both were built with a crane cable transport system due to the complex installation conditions of the pipes.
In the case of SAMUC I, the entire penstock was executed with ND400 locking system with bitumen coating which covered different ranges of pressures up to PMA 52bar.
In this conduction we find slopes around 480% (78º) – almost vertical conditions in some of the cases. For this reason, it was carried out by means of a crane cable transport system.
The keystone in the project success
- Turn an impossible Project into a feasible, safety and profitable one.
- Process control and monitoring from our team to all the pressure values from construction to commissioning.
Benefits and advantages of our solutions
- Does not require anchor blocks.
- No expansion joints.
- Very high installation ratio: Lok&Play®.
- Very complex areas. Extreme slopes.
- Admits very high pressures.
- With or without trench.
- Seamless, even in a flooded trench.
- Minimal pressure head losses.
- Operation guaranty, avoiding breakdowns and service interruptions.
- Outdated iron pipes replacement.