Hydroelectric: Forced Pipeline (Penstock)
Diameter DN 1000 with bolted joint. 30 bar pressure. Steep slopes without anchors
Volcano, Chiriquí, Panamá
Located on the slopes of the Totuma volcano located in the Chiriquí region, the project consists of a 7 Mw hydroelectric plant.
In the case of the hydroelectric power station, the CONSTRUTEC engineering services designed the load chamber with all its elements, detailed engineering development, installation manual and supervision of the construction phase of the construction, as well as the criteria of the pressure test. All the equipment necessary to achieve perfect operation were defined and supplied: Ductile iron pipes in DN 1000 with all their elbows, tees, connection terminals with load chamber and connection with the power house, including all valves and disassembly reels required.
Keys to project success
- 40% reduction in the initial budget with anchors, providing greater safety, useful life and long-term profitability, without maintenance costs.
- Supervision and control up to the pressure test by the design team itself
- Benefits and advantages of our solution:
- Does not require concrete blocks. Without expansion joints.
- Very high placement performance: Lok & Play. Plug and play.
- Very complex areas. Extreme slopes.
- It admits very high pressures.
- With trench or without trench.
- No welding, no problems. Even in a waterlogged ditch.
- Minimal head loss.
- Operation guarantee, without breakdowns or service interruptions.
- Obsolete steel pipe replacements