Penstock for hydropower plant
Ductile Iron Piping Solutions for Mini Hydropower Plants
Penstocks are usually located in complex terrain, rougged terrain and / or geotechnical instability, and withstand high operating pressures. For this reason, they demand materials and equipment suitable for extreme needs.
The connection system must be easy and simple, providing high installation performance, and not only provides a high safety coefficient but in its more than 50 years of useful life, the pipes are kept safe, watertight and fully operational once start the operation All These without maintenance!
Benefits and advantages of our solution:
- Does not require concrete blocks. No expansion joints.
- Very high laying performance: Lok & Play®.
- Very complex areas. Extreme slopes.
- It admits very high pressures.
- For installation in trenching and surface.
- No welding, no hassle. Even in a flooded ditch.
- Minimal head losses.
- Guarantee of operation, without breakdowns or service interruptions.
- Obsolete steel pipe replacements
Case of Success
SAMUC Hydropower plant
High and low pressure driving.
Alta Verapaz, Guatemala.
Located in the Alta Verapaz area of Guatemala, the SAMUC hydropower plant project has two pipelines that go to the same machine room: the SAMUC I line at ND 400 and the SAMUC II line at ND 600. Both were built with a crane cable transport system due to the complex installation conditions of the pipes:
- Slopes of the order of 480% (78º).
- Different pressure sections up to a PMA of 52bar.
- Executed with pipe with locking system.
Keys to project success
- Make an impossible project something viable, safe and profitable.
- Supervision and control up to the pressure test by the design team itself.