Penstock for small hydropower plants.
Small Hydroelectric Power Plants
Penstock pipes are usually located in complex grounds, abrupt orography and / or geotechnical instability, and withstand high operating pressures. For this reason, high tech equipment is needed.
The locking system must be easy and simple, providing high installation performance, not just with a high safety factor, but in its more than 50 years of lifespan the pipeline system remains safe and fully operational once it is in service. Moreover, it does not need maintenance!
Benefits and advantages of our solution:
- Does not require anchor blocks.
- No expansion joints.
- Very high installation ratio: Lok&Play®.
- Very complex areas. Extreme slopes.
- Admits very high pressures.
- With or without trench.
- No welding, no problems. Even in a flooded trench.
- Minimal pressure head losses.
- Guarantee of operation, without breakages or interruptions in service.
- Replacement of obsolete steel pipes.
SAMUC hydropower plant
Low and high pressure pipeline systems
Alta Verapaz, Guatemala.
Located in the Alta Verapaz area in Guatemala, the SAMUC small hydroelectric project has two pipelines that end up in the same machine room: the SAMUC I DN 400 pipeline and the SAMUC II DN 600 pipeline. Both were constructed with a cable crane transport system due to the complex installation conditions of the pipes.
- Slopes of 480% (78°). Almost vertical conditions in some cases.
- Sections of different pressures up to a maximum allowable pressure of 52 bar.
- Built with advanced Lok&Play® ductile iron technology.
- Make an impossible project viable, safe and profitable.
- Advising and checking until final pressure testing by the design team.