Cast iron pipes for high pressure, high mountain and siphon lines
At Construtec, we are experts in aqueducts and high pressure pipes and we offer the best alternatives for drinking water supply in areas of high technical complexity.
We are specialized in particular engineering applications, with the scope on high pressure. For this matter, we have Lok & Play® locking solutions, the best alternative on the market.
Our Off Road solution is an intelligent, safe and profitable solution for extreme high-pressure or high-mountain piping.
High mountain ductile iron pipe solutions: siphon pipe
High mountain conduits present their own problems: vertical or almost vertical slopes, slope instability, difficulty locating anchor points, as well as the positioning of equipment and materials that demand innovative solutions combining the imagination of technicians with sophisticated means of commissioning.
Features of our ductile iron pipe for high mountain and high pressure pipes
- Very complex scenarios with steep slopes
- Interior and exterior protection against corrosion for all types of water and terrain
- With or without trench
- Earthquake resistant
- For water supply to populations with international certifications
- No welding, no risk of fire
- It admits very high pressures
Case of Success
Alba Siphon conduction
Soto de Agües
El Sifón del Alba: 1,884m of high pressure and slopes
It is one of the main drinking water supply lines in Gijón (Asturias, Spain). Its waters are led to the city through a long route of valleys and hills of the Cantabrian Mountains.
- High pressure: PMA of 65bar at its lowest point.
- 554m topographic elevation offset.
- Need for an agile assembly that will counteract the extreme conditions of the environment.
- Low accessibility of the site (use of a helicopter for manipulation during its installation).
- The finishes of the pipe contemplated the total coverage of the line and revegetation of the affected area for a better landscape integration.