Fireproof cast iron pipes
Fire is the leading cause of property loss worldwide, but the devastating damage caused by fires has been shown to be preventable with adequate protection. Installing an efficient extinguishing system is the right choice to prevent personal injury and destruction of property.
The high resistance of ductile iron pipes to external and internal pressure make them especially suitable for fire fighting systems and their application is common in train and highway tunnels, airports and chemical and petrochemical industries.
Ductile cast iron fire fighting solutions
Ductile iron pipe with double chamber DC flush connection with FM certificate (Factory Mutual System)
The guarantee of supply necessary in critical situations such as fire control requires a highly effective and safe water transport system, therefore, the developed solution has a higher safety coefficient than that required by FM certification and additional advantages such as the elimination of all strength anchors:
- Pipe and accessories from DN80 to DN400 with FM certificate.
- Locked union and wide range of accessories with anti-disconnection guarantee.
- Quick and easy assembly without welding.
- Elimination of force anchors such as concrete dies and clamps.
- Self-supporting conduction suitable for aerial installations.
- Superior safety factor according to the controls defined by the FM certificate:
- Tightness control: 2 x r.w. p. (Rated Working Pressure).
- Pressure resistance control: 4 x r.w. p. (Rated Working Pressure).